With Google getting shrewd and more authoritative in analyzing, understanding the web pages as well as keeping users within its framework there is a need to change SEO techniques speedily. Google is not getting better at answering queries but even directing users towards its ads rather than organic listings.
The paid ads are making it difficult for websites depending on organic search traffic. For Google, it is convenient as more ad clicks mean more money. Display of video and image packs push organic listings down in result pages leading to few organic clicks. This is the reason online retailers are investing in paid listings.
An SEO agency can help marketers create fast-loading websites with better pages. Australian Internet Advertising Agency has professionals that can help to increase organic search visibility using advanced SEO techniques.
Advanced SEO strategies to retain and enhance organic search presence
- Content optimization
- Determine word count and keyword density.
- CTR [Click through rates] optimization means writing keyword-rich Meta titles.
- Find the outdated pages with slowly vanishing traffic because as you add new content the old ones stop building links.
- Enhance user experience
Make posts readable
- Write quality content
- Keep paragraphs short
- Blend long and short sentences
- Include subheadings
- Bullet points make reading easy
- Break large paragraphs with white space including relevant images or graphs or videos
- Images make complex ideas easy to understand.
- Increase website speed
- Reduce unnecessary page code
- Decrease server response time
- Enable browser caching
- Choose right hosting option
- Compress images
- Voice search optimization
- Long-tail keywords are great for voice search.
- Use structured data [Schema markup] for search engines to understand page themes and topics better.
- Design for mobile users
Half of the shopping is done with mobile, so e-marketers must consider having their website designed for mobile. Even Google has gone mobile-first. It means responsive websites will be indexed before the desktop version [static]. Concentration on mobile experience is crucial!
- Concentrate on topic clusters rather than keywords
Users’ intent is a crucial algorithm added to Google’s algorithm. Keyword-focused content is not sufficient to gain top ranking, it has become necessary to consider the context – what are users looking for! Therefore, get familiar with your target audience personas before creating content. Another thing to consider is to apply the topic cluster model instead of standalone keywords. Have a pillar page that can rank for a wide range of keywords and cluster pages that are linked to relevant pillar pages offering detailed answers to queries relevant to the pillar page.
This will satisfy user intent and your site holds a better resource, and each cluster page can rank individually and drive extra traffic.
- Write long content
Long content inclines to gain more backlinks that mean more traffic and better ranking. You can refresh the old content and expand it from 1,000 words to 1,500 or 2,000. The existing content has established readership and authority. Instead of writing from scratch, boost the performance of the existing page by refreshing it with extra content and updated information.
- Never underestimate technical SEO
- Make sure the entire website loads on HTTPS.
- Enable Accelerated Mobile Pages [AMP] for mobile use.
- Invest in SEO crawling software for gaining insights into technical website health.
- Correct semantic markups for Google bots to understand the page better.
- Fix the 404 errors through redirects.
Always measure your SEO performance!